Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Would drone confinement help?

Quote Originally Posted by pihlpet View Post
    perforated stinghook and some smaller parts.
    Have you tried a ruby sting hook, i find them to be quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by beekuk View Post
    Have you tried a ruby sting hook, i find them to be quite good.
    No, i have not tried the ruby sting hook. I have used Kari's perforated stinghook made of silver. This year i was trying out Schley's pressure grip forceps. It is a good feature to release the sting after the capillary is inserted and in right position. According to Schley it should give more "seal". As for time consumption, i have not noticed a signifficant difference between perforated hook and forcepts. Sometimes it's faster with perforated hook and sometimes it's faster with forcepts, i still find the average almost the same.

Yes the the metal part of the ruby sting hooks are also silver, and i have some normal steel ones. I don't have the pressure forceps, but have tried those of others on a couple of occasions, like yourself, i did not find a great deal of difference in time.

I also use the Swienty apparatus, that is not so popular with many, but it is what i originally learnt to use, so find i can use it faster now than the Schley type apparatus which i have tried.

There is one thing that care needs to be used when using the forceps, if they are adjusted incorrectly the sting can be damaged leading to the queen being superceded