Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Picture posting guidelines

Of course the internet and I.T. in general is an extremely flexible and dynamic entity/field. I was a geek and into computers, I used a program called Kermit, and others, to communicate with other geeks, in distant places, just before the "internet" was born.

I am pro internet, and pro using as much of what the internet can provide as is possible and practical. Not going back to pre-internet days, unless absolutely necessary.

In my current area, for a long time, only dial-up connections were available. Now we have DSL, but limitations aren't always bandwidth, sometimes they are connected to how the device used is limited. If I were using multiple devices to access the internet, I'd try to find the easiest way to get them all to function how I wanted them to.
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 12-17-2013 at 09:01 PM.
    48 years - 50 hives - TF
    Joseph Clemens -- Website Under Constructioni

I've been using the "attachment" option to include pics in my posts. They show up as thumbnails in the post and when clicked on will expand. Everything seem to be functioning normally.

However, it looks like my "attachment settings" is set up for a max limit of about 500kb. It will not allow me to attach further files because I'm at my limit. I only have 7 stored attachment files total, at a moderate file size. I have to delete pic files from past posts to have room to add any new ones.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
    To everything there is a season....

Looks like you need to talk to an Administrator!

I often link images rather than use the thumbnail feature, but according to my account settings:
    You are currently using 983.0 KB to store 25 uploaded attachments.

I would expect that you should at least have as much space available as I am using.
    ultracrepidarian >> noting or pertaining to a person who criticizes, judges, or gives advice outside of his expertise

Moderators give more and get less!! I'll see what I can do Mike!
    Regards, Barry

Well, I guess I know where I stand.

Thanks Barry!
    To everything there is a season....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12