Default Does vaporized oxalic acid kill SHB?

I know vaporized OA kills phoretic mites. Does it also kill SHB? That would be great! What are your experiences?
    Thanks a lot,
    Stavros

Default Re: Does vaporized oxalic acid kill SHB?

Sorry, it does not..... Sure wish it did as the sales of OA vaporizers would soar!

I have never heard anyone claim that OA vapor kills SHB.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Too bad OA does not kill SHB. Yet, two days after, I saw about 15 dead SHB in the bottom board of one hive and about 20 dead SHB in another hive. The other 3 hives have minimal numbers of SHB and the two with SHB are actually the strongest ones. I wonder whether the relocation of the cluster, or the follow-up cleaning and grooming dislocates some SHB. Needless to say, I am sure the hives have many more SHB alive and unfortunately well.

It would be great if vaporizing would kill those pests, that we seem to have in great numbers in Atlanta, GA.
    Stavros

OA probably kills a few bees... so it probably kills a few SHB... but as far as I have heard from anyone, not enough to matter.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF