Thread: TF Bee Sources

Default TF Bee Sources

I am a 3rd year TF beek and I am looking forward to spring to expand my numbers.
    My bees are doing well & I plan on doing splits, but I am looking for sources of TF Queens as well.
    Any recommendations on suppliers?

I have been looking at BeeWeaver as one source, any thoughts on their queens?
    I understand that they are a hybrid and may be more aggressive but was considering giving them a shot.
    Anyone have experience with BeeWeaver bees?

Default Re: TF Bee Sources

I have not bought individual queens, but I have purchased "chemical free for 10 years" Italian bees from Arnold Honeybee Services, in Knoxville:

http://www.arnoldhoneybeeservices.co..._for_sale.html

Tess does offer queens also. I have been very pleased with those bees, and the smooth transaction. I did drive to Knoxville and pick them up in person.
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

Thanks Rader,
    Arnold's would bee a good option for me to consider since those bees would be acclimated to my climate. I could easily do a drive to Knoxville.

I've bought BeeWeaver Queens and I've been happy with them. Hardy bee, splits well, and is a bit more defensive than I'd prefer but not so much that I cannot handle them. The simple reason I'm happy with them, they have gone two years without treatment, and are booming still. I'll try another batch of queens next year and gauge if I just got a more defensive group or if that's the norm.

the fatbeemans queens are good queens and gentle also