Default ProHealth/EO's with Thymol Varroa Treatment

I have "googled" "ProHealth douse method for varroa control" and other similar lines and haven't found anything on it. I was wondering has anyone else tried this method of varroa control? This past year I had a couple of hives that developed and fed impressive varroa populations. I use ProHealth "Now with Thymol!" as a feeding stimulant(1tsp per quart of 1:1), I also use it in late winter/early spring to help avoid nosema problems (2tsp per quart of 1:1), and I use it to encourage bees to draw out comb on plastic/wax-coated foundation. I had noticed another use that was advertised on the back label that was a 4tsp per quart of 1:1 to be used as a drench or spray...it doesn't specify for what exactly... Anyway...long story short (extremely hard for someone like me), I tried the drenching the broodnest of the hives with aforementioned mix to rid them of mites. It worked!! After about three weeks of monitoring mite fall counts, there were no mites left falling. I am interested to see if anyone else has experimented with this?! I haven't been able to find anything about it, which is maddening. I will definitely be trying it again next season, but in the meantime I would love to hear from others. Thanks!

-RLB

Default Re: ProHealth/EO's with Thymol Varroa Treatment

Most of this thread is using HBH, not ProHealth, but they are allegedly similar:

http://www.beesource.com/forums/show...ded-like-magic
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

Default Re: ProHealth/EO's with Thymol Varroa Treatment

Thank you very much, Rader! I wish there was a way to combine the threads. What I will do is to copy my original thread-starter post and post it on the old thread. I have had "magic" success with the ProHealth drench, especially as concerns increasing vigor and reducing varroa mites.