Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Supplements for weight loss and more.

This fall, I was intrigued by a friend's report of losing 8 lbs of weight in one week by just taking the Plexus Slim drink and Accelerator tablets each day without dieting or exercising. So I decided to try it myself. My weight loss was not as dramatic as hers but in 2 months and 1 week, I was able to lose 15.5#. The Plexus Slim was originally designed for those with high blood sugar but since weight loss was also a part of the side effect, the company decided to offer it as a weight loss product. Plus, it also helps with lowering cholesterol and lipids and lessening cravings for sweets. If anyone is interested in checking it out, go to yoly.myplexusopportunity.com.

Default Re: Supplements for weight loss and more.

You and your friend should take up beekeeping with your newfound mobility.

Quote Originally Posted by hedges View Post
    You and your friend should take up beekeeping with your newfound mobility.
    I have taken up beekeeping a year ago. I started with 1 Warre hive and now have 3. :-) I have to admit that one was caught as a swarm from someone else's home. The other one was a swarm from my own hive.

Well, to be perfectly honest, I was just making a glib joke in response to something I saw as spam. Glad to see you enjoy beekeeping.

I'll tell you though, while I'm happy that you've found some results with that product of yours, I'd warn against trying to get people to use diet supplements. They're notorious for their unintended side effects - severe liver and kidney damage come to mind. And in light of that, I'm going to guess you're not a doctor, and therefor unqualified to ethically extoll the virtues of such things.

Furthermore, as this is a beekeeping forum, it seems slightly inappropriate for you to come here and post an off-topic thread about a non-beekeeping-related product which (I would guess) you're trying to sell us, for a profit.

My 2 cents are worth about that much, but there they are.

Hi Bubbles, Thanks for posting your personal real life experience here in the Coffee Klatch, where it is appropriate, seeing as how it's not a bee forum per say. I appreciate hearing from real life experiences from regular people on the street and in these forums. I see that the link you posted is not really valid though.
    “When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.” – John Muir

I take your point about this being an off-topic forum. But I still think it's slightly off to advertise here.

That said, if my criticism is inappropriate , my apologies. Just make sure you know the adverse side -effects of anything you put into your body.

Quote Originally Posted by RayMarler View Post
    I see that the link you posted is not really valid though.
    Just add www. in front of it and it should take you there. I just didn't want to be considered a spammer. I liked the products so much that I decided to join the company as an independent distributor (ambassador) just so I could pay wholesale for the products. But you could actually earn money from it if you work at it. The products are fairly new. It got started in 2011. The testimonials from tons of people about the products are really impressive and it would be bad to just keep the good news to only a few.

Quote Originally Posted by hedges View Post
    I'll tell you though, while I'm happy that you've found some results with that product of yours, I'd warn against trying to get people to use diet supplements. They're notorious for their unintended side effects - severe liver and kidney damage come to mind. And in light of that, I'm going to guess you're not a doctor, and therefor unqualified to ethically extoll the virtues of such things..
    I understand your concern and that is my concern too since I don't want to end up ruining my own body. And yes, I am not a doctor. But I do know that the product works. And so far, it hasn't ruined my body yet. I know this because I just recently had my annual check-up and blood work done about two months into my usage of the products.

By the way, I do know of at least three doctors that speak highly of the products.

And here's a link to a study done on it. http://www.plexusworldwide.com/science/

I don't mean to be rude but that's not a study, it's an advertisement. Who ran the study? Where? When? If it sounds too good to be true it probably is. People need to accept a change in diet and/or lifestyle if you expect to lose weight in a healthy manner. Don't expect it from the latest pill or supplement.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by jim lyon View Post
    Who ran the study? Where? When?
    I got this from the link. So the "who" is the company's researchers, the "when" is in 2008. I suppose if you'd like more detailed info, you can contact the company and ask for it.

"A clinical study using Plexus Slim was conducted in 2008. The study was conducted with eight type 2 diabetes patients of mixed gender and age. While all patients carried excess weight to varying degrees, the primary purpose of this study was to see how well the product reduced glucose levels in Type 2 diabetics. The weight loss was a secondary consideration."

The side effects from most medicinal approaches to weight loss far outweigh the benefits, IMO. I choose to maintain smaller meal portions, eat 5 times a day (to increase metabolism) and drink plenty of fluids. None of which has any ill side effects. This truely is the key to weight loss... naturally.
    Willpower helps as well. lol

Glad you were able to find what works for you Bubbles.

Thanks, Mr.Beeman. This product is just an option when someone has tried everything else like dieting, exercising and other meal replacements. I know for myself that I have tried all three and I tend to yo-yo with my weight (up and down). I suppose I don't have enough will power. Or I just like food too much. :-)

Bubbles; how dare you talk about diets when we are about to be attacked by red chile & green roasted chile with cheese tamales, and all those foods I love and wait 11 months of the year to enjoy?

You should be more sensitive to those of us that choose beekeeping for a hobby and tamales for Christmas.

Michabees, please share your recipes!

The problem isn't what you eat between Christmas and New Years........it's what you eat between New Years and Christmas! HO HO HO

Just know that I will be eating my waist away, without any worries about weight -too late for that anymore.
    There is a fatbeeman on this site, since I am from the southwest I will be "El Gordo Beeman". Merry Christmas to all...

Quote Originally Posted by Bee Bliss View Post
    The problem isn't what you eat between Christmas and New Years........it's what you eat between New Years and Christmas! HO HO HO
    So true. :-)

Yoly's before and after pictures.jpg

Here's a collage that shows my progress in three months so far.

I am proud of you and love your dog. But, I want tamales for Christmas.

El Gordo

Happy New Year!

I just wanted to give an update on my progress. December was a roller coaster for me since I still enjoyed partying over the holiday. Consequently, in spite of taking the Plexus products, I ended up gaining back 1 lb. However, today, the scale showed that I have lost a total of 18.5 lbs. Hopefully, in 1 or 2 months I will eventually reach my target weight.
    1-1-14 am.jpg

I see one small design flaw with the product for the consumer (or positive, if you are the vendor).

It does not involve any lifestyle change, just do whatever you do, but also take the product.

Which means, once goal weight is achieved, you have to keep taking the product. For life.....
    44 years, been commercial, outfits up to 4000 hives, now 120 hives and 200 nucs as a hobby, selling bees. T (mostly).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast