Thumbs Up Birdhouse Cut-Out

Hey Guys! Here's a little video we made of me doing a cut out from a fully inhabited Birdhouse....Enjoy!

Mat

Default Re: Birdhouse Cut-Out

welcome to beesource mat. i enjoyed watching your video, did your cut out make it?
    journaling the growth of a treatment free apiary started in 2010. 20+/- hives

Thanks! Yes It was very successfull! within the first 3-4 days, all the comb was fully attched to the frames and most of the elastics were allready cut and starting to be dragged out the entrances. They succeded in filling a full second deep super with 80% capped honey as well before the winter, so I am confident they have a great chance to survive our cold winter. I would like to split this hive in the spring because I beleive they are great genetics in this strong colony!

excellent, sounds like you placed them in a really good location. i noticed horizontal wires on the frames you put the cut out comb on, did you just push the comb through the wires to get it centered on the frames?
    journaling the growth of a treatment free apiary started in 2010. 20+/- hives

Yes some I intertwined them and some frames had no wires, used what i had at time. I was lucky that the dimensions were similar to a deep super, Made for alot less cutting to get the combe to fit :0