Big Grin 2014 Spring Nucs in Pennsylvania and Florida

W. Fisher Bee Farm will be selling spring nucs in the Spring 2014 Season.

Taking orders now, Deposits will be accepted starting in January. All nuc orders must have 10% down to be considered a firm order.

The Price will be $130/nuc, with price breaks as follows

1-32, $130
    33 to 56 $125
    57 to 104 $115
    Over 104 $100
    Over 800 $97

Prices are subject to change; this is the best I could figure as of November 25th, 2013.

The nucs will consist of:
    1. A freshly mated queen, on brood of her own heritage.
    2. 5 Deep frames consisting of: 2 Brood,2 Honey, and 1 frame can vary Brood, Honey, or Foundation for expansion.
    Bees can change occupancy of frames as they see fit.

Our queen heritage is derived from over 5 years of grafting from Minnesota Hygienic Queens. We also breed from within our own stock as we pull survivor queens that excelled in our harshest environments. We also buy breeders from Latshaw’s and other renowned breeders as we see fit.

Currently I am planning on two deliveries in April, around the first and third weeks. Delivery dates will change as the season progress depending on weather in Florida.

There will be NO FRAME EXCHANGE. I will not accept frames towards purchased nucs.

A Deposit per box will be necessary if you wish to leave or premises with
    nucs in our boxes. The deposit will be $40/box for our Styrofoam boxes, and $20/box for our custom wooden boxes. To be determined at pickup. Personal checks will be accepted for deposit on boxes.

As an alternative to transporting in our boxes, I will have cardboard nuc boxes available for sale at pickup for anyone who wishes to purchase them. Please let me know in advance if you wish to take advantage of this to make sure I have plenty on hand. They should be $5/cardboard nuc.

Nucs Can be picked up at either our Dade City, FL location or Lewistown, PA

All nucs to be inspected by buyer before loading, all sales are final once bees are loaded into buyer’s transport.

Delivery can be negotiated at cost to buyer for orders over 160 nucs, if I have truck and driver available. April is the start of my pollination season, a truck and driver may not always be available.

To qualify for discounted rate all bees must be paid for and picked up at the same time.
    To pay on pick up a certified check/cash is necessary, if you wish to use personal check
    it needs to arrive and clear my bank before pickup, preferably at least 2 weeks.

For any more Questions contact me at:

W. Fisher Bee Farm
    6395 SR 103N BLD 21
    Lewistown PA 17044
    800-736-6205
    aaron@fisherbeefarm.com

Default Re: 2014 Spring Nucs in Pennsylvania and Florida

bump

Any medium nucs or suggestions on what to do with a deep nuc and all medium boxes?? Cut and rubberband? Would cutting and rubberbanding still be advantageous over a package?

Quote Originally Posted by chr157y View Post
    Any medium nucs or suggestions on what to do with a deep nuc and all medium boxes?? Cut and rubberband? Would cutting and rubberbanding still be advantageous over a package?
    What you can do is remove the top cover of the nuc and replace it with a medium-sized rectangle of plywood with a nuc-sized hole cut in it. Add the medium on top of that and run it like a regular hive. Once the nuc is empty of brood, remove it. Lay any full frames on top of the hive one at a time and let the bees rob them out. I've done the reverse of this when I bought a medium nuc since I run all deeps.

HTH

Rusty
    Rusty Hills Farm -- home of AQHA A Rusty Zipper & Rusty's Bees ( LC and T)

You can also just stack 2 medium boxes on top of each other, leave the 5 deeps in the center and fill the rest of both boxes out with medium frames. Then probably next season weed those frames out by leaving them on the bottom of the stack of boxes. They'll be empty next spring.

I wouldn't want to just put the frames on top of the box because the bees have a difficult time finding it and it will encourage robbing. You can do this with a inner cover inbetween the boxes and have the deep frames closed by empty boxes so the bees can go through the hole in the inner cover, but won't start robbing.

Either way you need to make sure they have enough time to build up before trying to weed them out. If you try to weed them out too fast it will weaken them. They need that comb to rear brood and store stuff while they get other frames drawn out.

I wouldn't want to just put the frames on top of the box because the bees have a difficult time finding it and it will encourage robbing. You can do this with a inner cover in between the boxes and have the deep frames closed by empty boxes so the bees can go through the hole in the inner cover, but won't start robbing.
    I should have been more specific. This IS what I meant, but this being the sales forum, I didn't elaborate, feeling it's the wrong forum for such a discussion. I was really just trying to say that it is relatively easy to move the bees into a medium box and she shouldn't let that dissuade her from considering these nucs.

Rusty
    Rusty Hills Farm -- home of AQHA A Rusty Zipper & Rusty's Bees ( LC and T)

I do not offer any medium nucs. I don't use any medium equipment.

Aaron

Still taking orders and lowering the threshold to hit first price break, as follows:

1-21, $130
    22 to 56 $125
    57 to 104 $115
    Over 104 $100
    Over 800 $97

Thanks,
    Aaron

Bump

Astro,

I will need a few Nucs when they are ready, when do you expect to have them available?
    I am just to the South of you in Zephyrhills.

Bump

Still taking orders until approximately March 14th.

Aaron

First Delivery Date of 04/05/2014 is Full,
    Still Have room on the 04/19/2014 shipment.

Aaron

Here is a glance at the queen cells about to be planted for the April 19th delivery of nucs.

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/...s84031266.jpeg

The incubator has over approximately 30 frames each holding up to 34 queen cells waiting to be planted.

I posted a bunch of pics of some queen cells, and one of my major mating yards in the Photo Gallery:

http://www.beesource.com/forums/show...ng-Queen-Cells

These nucs will be the ones I ship north in April.

I am currently all booked up for april nucs Sales,

If anyone is interested I can add your name to a waiting list in case someone backs out or we manage to produce more than originally expected

Email me with any questions aaron@fisherbeefarm.com
    or call 1800-736-6205 ask for aaron

Also I added some more photos of our first round of nuc inspections in florida,
    http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/as...0Spring%20Nucs