Default Camellia plants and bees

I have a bunch of camellia plants flowering right now. The last couple days have been warm and I've gone out to see if my bees were on the flowers and saw none, even though the bees were flying. So, does anyone know if camellia plants are beneficial to bees? Are they attracted to them and my timing was just off?

Default Re: Camellia plants and bees

I've never seen the ladies working camellia bushes, but maybe I missed their lunch hour.
    “When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.” – John Muir

I have seen bees working some varieties of camellia, and I have read where other beeks have observed bee working them. From what I have seen and heard the bees are using the camellia mainly as a pollen source.
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls, and looks like work" -- Thomas A. Edison

I live in Smithfield, VA and yes, the bees are all over my fall blooming camellias since that is the only thing in flower right now. They don't stay there all day, so maybe once they work them over real good, they go searching for other flowers.