Default Google map of beesource members?

Is there any way to make a map of all the beesource members by having us enter our zipcode in the Profile section? I'd love to be able to zoom into my area and see where other members are located.

Default Re: Google map of beesource members?

I'm not seeing any replies to this and there is a reason.Since all my colonies are in either my backyard or my daughters backyard it would not be a problem.Those using outyards usually do not want the locations known to the public nor to other beekeepers.Bee rustling is an ongoing problem in some areas.I heard of one beekeeper who had an outyard in view of busy highway 98 and found the center frames gone at his first spring inspection.In other words,someone had made up nucs with his bees.
    54+ years 30 colonies Treat using Hopguard and essential oils
    http://99-40.com

Bee-rustling? Really? That's one thing that I had never considered. But if we just use zipcode, won't the actual locations be protected?

Hivetracks (free beekeeping software) has a feature to enter the Lat-Long of your apiary. Once you do, you can choose to make that info public (or not). Hivetracks will show you, using Google Map, where other nearby [public] apiaries are. But its pretty clear that a lot of beekeepers are not interested in making that info public.
    Graham
    --- Victor Hugo - "Common sense is in spite of, not the result of, education.