Default chalkbrood..!!!!

hello guys....

i am a new beekeeper and i have a problem.

i am writing today because i want to know everythink about the disease called chalkbrood that makes the brood of the hive black and white ''mummies''.

i read that banana works. is it true??? who knows an official source telling these??

what other methods cure this disease?

thank for listening me xarhs

Default Re: chalkbrood..!!!!

proper ventilation and requeening with resistant stock.

I think the leading cause of chalkbrood is chilled brood. It takes some time for them to clean it up, but there is no treatment.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

It runs in the genetics. It flares up with cold damp conditions. The cure is to remove all infected combs, change the queen out to new queen genetics, set hive where it gets sunlight, and give hive some ventilation.

There are differing degrees of chalk brood that I've seen in the past. One year it was pretty heavy in a couple of my hives. I don't mess around with it any more. I replace the queen and remove all infected combs, and make sure hive is not in a wet condition.
    “When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.” – John Muir

I had serious problems with chalkbrood for several years and then inexplicably it went away. A couple of years ago when I read that thymol is effective against chalkbrood I realized that the problem went away about the same time I started using apiguard (which is a thymol based product) to treat mites. Maybe that is a coincidence and maybe not.

thanks for all the answers...!!!!!!