Default Wax Moth and Hive Beetle Control

I have a question about winter super storage.
    I'm a new beekeeper in Brevard County, FL. I have only 6 hives now but intend to wind up with a hundred or so in the next couple of years.
    I have run 500-600 hives in two different operations, one in California in the late 70's, and again in The Bahamas in the 80's and 90's, so have some experience, though mite and hive beetle control are new to me. I have just harvested my fall Pepper honey, and will treat for mites this week.
    In the past, I have treated for moths by burning sulphur in a closed storage room. I have had trouble finding sulphur locally. The wettable kind you find in the hardware store won't stay lit so need, I think, flowers of sulphur. Any ideas on where to find it?
    Also, any other methods of killing these vermin would be most appreciated.

Default Re: Wax Moth and Hive Beetle Control

WALL--MART has it

You can protect stored honey supers from wax moths by spraying comb with a Bt Aizawai solution. More info here:

http://www.beesource.com/forums/show...Aizawai-Powder
    Its a long thread, you can skip to the end anytime to find current contact info for Sundance.

Note that there are several different varieties of Bt, you need to use the Aizawai variety for wax moths. There is an Israelensis variety more commonly available that works on mosquito larva, but won't help for wax moths:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bacillu...is_israelensis
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

Phosgen in closed space for the licensed applicator works.
    “Don’t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you have travelled.” - The Quran

If you get caught burning sulfur in the US as a treatment you could lose a lot more than the honey they confiscate and destroy. Para dichlorobenzene is the only unregulated treatment.
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com