Default bees grooming themselves

I put together some short videos of bees grooming themselves. These are close up videos of bees that didn't mind a camera hovering about an inch away. I wondered if they were 'posing' for me. :-)

http://solarbeez.com/2013/10/30/groo...mer-afternoon/

Default Re: bees grooming themselves

I have to say. . seeing the foragers tattered wings . . I just don't get to see that. Thanks. It is hard to believe. . that swarm I caught in April. . . all of them are gone except one. .

I should add that Kiera O'Hara wrote and performed the background melody, "Song for Earth Day." It's been playing over and over again in my mind, so I asked Kiera about it, towards the end at about 3:10 it sounds like a question is being asked. Her reply, "You've got it, exactly! That ending was meant to sound tentative--the vulnerability of the earth asking for help, and the question lingering for us humans, will we help?"

Quote Originally Posted by 66thstreetbees View Post
    I have to say. . seeing the foragers tattered wings . . I just don't get to see that. Thanks. It is hard to believe. . that swarm I caught in April. . . all of them are gone except one. .
    I guess you're right about that since the drones have been kicked out and the workers only live about 42 days in the summer. The tattered wings are probably a good indication they don't have many days left.