Thread: a rodent

Hybrid View

Default a rodent

I was organizing my bee equipment this evening. I look up towards the drop ceiling of the garage. I see a grey and white rodent with a long tail scurry into the attic of the garage. I notice that part of the drop ceiling is chewed. The garage is where I keep my equipment. I have never had anything get into my equipment.

Default Re: a rodent

We had a nest of these in the insulation of our basement. I was able to snag them and relocate them using an improvised snare that I made.
    Do you think it was one of these?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNtlMfrhbE4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gNRNxFsHwI

Linn we need more information, like how big is it? Was the tail hairy or naked?
    Dave

I keep most of my unused woodenware stored in a corn crib (like a small barn, basically, for you city folk) and routinely have to unstack and restack the equipment to get rid of nesting mice. Nasty varmints. I have a few snakes in the area and am always on the lookout for more to transplant in the corn crib.

The garage door is one of those manual garage doors from the 60s. The mechanism for the door goes high into the garage ceiling. There is a three corner cut out in the ceiling panel to allow for the metal gear of the garage workings. The rodent was grey and white a little round-bigger than a mouse but smaller than a full grown rat. It scurried into the ceiling panel hole and then must have run across the undersize of the ceiling panel. The "attic" of the garage is plywood on rafters. I think it moves too fast for a possum. It has fur but no hair on the tail. It looked like one half of the rodent was white and one half a light grey. I had been working in the garage for two hours and just happened to look up. The garage door does not meet the floor in one corner so there is a gap where the garage door meets the floor. There is a part on garage roof where a metal stove pipe went in. I think that was covered up when the roof was done. There are some farms around so maybe I could rent a corn crib if I need to.

Could it be a weasel?