Default Preventing Fungicide CCD (A simple natural cure)

I have a suggestion that may greatly help the beekeepers with their issue of CCD from fungicide poisoning.

- Mix cinnamon in the bee's feed stock.

- Cinnamon is highly anti-septic, and specifically useful in getting rid of Candida Yeast Infections. I would suspect it would keep the bees fungus free.

- I am not a beekeeper but I did a pile of research and looked into it and shied away because of the mite issue - which also ironically was fixed simply by mixing pine oil in the bees honey.

Possibly it would be practical to make a 'health serum' for the bees, with pine oil, cinnamon maybe even some vics vapor rub to keep the bees healthy. We do it for cattle all the time, it's time to look at how to help the bees.

Default Re: Preventing Fungicide CCD (A simple natural cure)

Do you force feed it to the cattle? I've never tried force feeding a bee something she would not take...that would be interesting...

"which also ironically was fixed simply by mixing pine oil in the bees honey"

If ONLY it were this easy.....

Cinnamon is tainted just like the honey from China. Know your sources as some cinnamon is not cinnamon just like honey is not always honey.

mohsinj677 Guest

I am not a beekeeper but I did a pile of research and looked into it and shied away because of the mite issue - which also ironically was fixed simply by mixing pine oil in the bees honey.

To the extent that fungicide is a suspected factor in colony death it is not generally from fungicide which is intentionally added to the hives by the beekeeper, but rather from bees foraging on or around commercial agriculture which has been treated with fungicide. Adding additional fungicide to the hive in the form of cinnamon would not prevent the bees from foraging on tainted plants, and might even have a nasty synergistic effect if it does anything at all.
    since '09-25H-T-Z6b

Bees require fungus and bacteria to ferment the pollen into beebread. Without fungas and bacteria the bees will be unable to feed the larvae.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF