Default Bee Club Communications

So this post is not so much about bees but about communications among bee club members.

Right now I (as President of my club) have three different e-mail lists on my computer. That works ok for me but not well for other members of my board or my successor. I'm curious if anyone has had any privacy issues with mail list management programs like Mail Chimp or Constant Contact or social media like Facebook and Google Groups. How does your club keep in touch with members who don't use computers for electronic communication?

Default Re: Bee Club Communications

The Davy Crockett Beekeepers Association sends postcards, printed with each meeting specifics, to those members unable/unwilling to receive email reminders.
    Graham
    --- Victor Hugo - "Common sense is in spite of, not the result of, education.

I'm the Communications Director for Heart of Illinois Beekeepers, I manage website, Facebook page, and compile and send newsletter. Our registration form has a check box for email or snail mail newsletter. Those that get snail mail miss out on a lot including over 100 swarms or cut-outs that were submitted to our website this year but they get their newsletter before the meetings as a reminder.

I've looked into Mailchimp, will probably switch to that this winter.

Funny you should ask - I just sent my first test message with MailChimp yesterday afternoon. It was recommended to me by my ISP as a way to handle messages to the 160+ on our list.

I like being able to see the response - such as the 40% who have opened the email so far.

I'm going to like using Mail Chimp, I think.

Internet. We have a few old life members who don'e use computers, the secretaries would call to remind field days and special events thru the warm season. Or meetings are always first friday of each month at the same spot so no need to call otherwise.

You can send emails to text messaging on almost any cell phone by using a gateway address -http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_SMS_gateways - for example number@vcast.net sends email to txt on Verizon phones.
    since '09-25H-T-Z6b