Default modified dadant hive bodies

Does anyone still sell modified dadant hive bodies, and the frames and foundation to go with it?

Default Re: modified dadant hive bodies

You can make one by joining a shallow and a medium, or two mediums, or adding 2"+ to a deep. Any which way if you want to end up at 11 5/8"-11 3/4" you'll have to do some sawing. Rossman sells the frames and Dadant sells the foundation. I have been using up old foundation I have on hand by stacking a 5 5/8" medium and a 5 1/4" medium vertical wired together. It's more work but uses up stock on hand. My foundation is 30+ years old so I get treatment free combs.
    I made these last year out of redwood siding:

Are those strictly brood boxes odfrank?
    Mark Berninghausen "That which works, persists."

odfrank,

Brother Adams seems to have thought they provided a better brood nest and helped limit swarming. Have you found this to be the case?

>Are those strictly brood boxes odfrank?
    That is what I use them for but I sometimes draw out their combs as a honey super.

>Brother Adams seems to have thought they provided a better brood nest and helped limit swarming. Have you found this to be the case?

I use 11 1/4" frames on both a ten and twelve frame configuration. Twelve frame is the final size Brother Adam used. Without scientific testing it is impossible to conclude their advantages in brood rearing and swarm control but....I have run Jumbo frames alongside deep frames since 1979 and feel that they produce bigger crops and one brood chamber with large comb areas make for productive brood rearing and convenience to the keeper. Now after 43 years, I am experimenting with the new method of all 8 medium frame brood chambers.
    I find that in all aspects of life it is hard to narrow things down to one and the best one. In screw drivers I need several sizes of slotted drivers, several sizes of Philips drivers, occasionally a torx head or grabber head. In hammers I have a brad, several sizes of carpenter, a mallet, a sledge, a brick and ball peens. Same goes for trucks, wives, girlfriends, FWB's and mistresses. One size does not fit all.