Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New California law taking effect Jan. 1st

I am hearing they are not going to let commercial trucks into CA that are older than 2007.

If that is true it cant be good.

Anyone?

Default Re: New California law taking effect Jan. 1st

There is a summary of the CA commercial vehicle air quality standards at this link:
    http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onrdies.../multirule.pdf

In particular, in Section 3, you can read about requirements to meet 2007 engine standards in certain areas of California after December 31, 2013.
    ultracrepidarian >> noting or pertaining to a person who criticizes, judges, or gives advice outside of his expertise

Those nut jobs down there would try to pass a law like that. But, then that would turn the whole shipping industry on its ear and food costs would go through the roof down there. I cant see something like that working. Maybe the standards of 2007 not a 2007 truck.

I know they are putting in ways that the truckers cant get from one truck scale to another in a certain amount of time (miles x 55mph) and if they do they automatically get a ticket because they must have been speeding. But, I will ask my friends father about the 2007 thing.

I heard that they also plug into the truck now and see if you went over 55 mph anytime in the month and issue a ticket if you did. Not sure where they are enforcing it that way.
    Last edited by EastSideBuzz; 10-18-2013 at 07:27 PM.

Yes its real. As of Jan 1 2014 any truck over 26k lb that is 2007 or older will have to get a $10k++++ particle filter to enter the state of CA.

ARB of CA does offer 2 things
    You can register you truck with them (http://www.arb.ca.gov/homepage.htm) as low usage- this means you can drive in CA for 1000 miles or under per calender year.

Also you can get one 3 day permit per calender year (3 consecutive days)

seems like that is going to make it more difficult to find trucks when ya need them.

The shipping port in Oakland stopped letting older trucks in a couple years ago. They all had to update their exhaust systems I heard it costs about 30K per truck.
    Dan

Embarrassed Re: New California law taking effect Jan. 1st

Oh come on now. A retroactive speeding ticket. East side I think you need to keep those ideas to yourself or the govment might take that up

Last edited by Saranator; 11-28-2013 at 09:43 AM.

On the other hand if you don't go into CA there are probably going to be some good deals on used trucks.
    Since '09-25H-T-Z6b

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobee View Post
    Oh come on now. A retroactive speeding ticket. East side I think you need to keep those ideas to yourself or the govment might take that up
    I did not make that up. My stepsons dad is a trucker in CA and he says they do that.

Quote Originally Posted by David LaFerney View Post
    On the other hand if you don't go into CA there are probably going to be some good deals on used trucks.
    Problem is I live in a state that loves to follow other states laws. They are nutjobs down in Olympia and those ca laws will be coming here also. Then OR which is sandwiched in between will have to follow. So all our trucks will be worthless also. I cant understand how all the truck owners in ca are standing this. The used market just turned into a scrap site or having to sell to other states. The new truck sales must be going through the roof.

>I cant understand how all the truck owners in ca are standing this.<

http://fleetowner.com/regulations/ca...r-older-trucks

There needs to be more 'pushback' against the idiot CARBocrats. I hope to see more lawsuits.
    More: http://insurancenewsnet.com/oarticle...-a-432995.html

http://insurancenewsnet.com/oarticle...-a-433553.html
    Last edited by loggermike; 12-31-2013 at 08:00 AM. Reason: more info

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobee View Post
    I have heard of that on the NY State Thruway. If you take your ticket at one booth and get to the exit booth faster than a certain amount above the posted speed you will be ticketed. Depends on if someone wants to enforce it. Ain't math wonderful?

If you go thru an intersection on a yellow light in many places that will get you a ticket too. Cameras will photo your license plate.
    Mark Berninghausen "That which works, persists."

I must be running thru the right red lights! No tickets for me!

Exclamation Re: New California law taking effect Jan. 1st

Thanks Mike for posting the links.
    And thanks in advance for keeping an eye on this!
    I have exactly ONE hive more than you.
    That makes my opinion beyond question.

Oh ,I keep my eye on lots of things ,Harry.

For example, California banned bear hunting with hounds in 2013. Hound hunting is a traditional and effective way to control bear populations. Now the season just ended and 1002 bears were taken which is 960 less than last year,and around 700 less than the last few years seasons. So, I expect an increase in bear depredation of hives in California as bear populations increase.

What to do?

Apply the SBS Method of Bear Control.

SBS=Shoot,Bury,Shut up.
    Mark Berninghausen "That which works, persists."

Quote Originally Posted by loggermike View Post
    OhFor example, California banned bear hunting with hounds in 2013. Hound hunting is a traditional and effective way to control bear populations. Now the season just ended and 1002 bears were taken which is 960 less than last year,and around 700 less than the last few years seasons. So, I expect an increase in bear depredation of hives in California as bear populations increase.
    The pendulum will swing back on most things hopefully one day. When the bears start trashing expensive homes or assault the kid or pet of someone important the demand to remove more bears will increase. But sadly I think the tradition of hunting with hounds is on the threatened list and likely to become extinct or at least outlawed.
    Started 9/13, building slowly, now @ 7 Lang hives + 5 nucs, and treatment style not decided yet

Quote Originally Posted by sqkcrk View Post
    Apply the SBS Method of Bear Control.

SBS=Shoot,Bury,Shut up.
    They really help in the flower beds. Trust me.

They recycle into sausage really well.

They banned bear and cougar with dogs up in Oregon some years ago. Now when there is damage calls they send out a state paid hunter with dogs and a rifle to fix it.
    I hear the weigh stations up here have a ‘fast pass’ that allow certain vehicles to bypass the weigh stations and inspections with a wireless signal. UPS and Fed Ex are big users and also that they will issue tickets if the time between stations is short enough to warrant excessive speeds. Almost all of these trucks are on a GPS route tracker anyway.
    “Why do we fall, sir? So that we might learn to pick ourselves up” Alfred Pennyworth Batman Begins (2005)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast