Default what size entrance reducer.

I had the larger size reducer on for the beginning part of fall. With night time temps getting to just below freezing I switched to the smallest reducer (3/4"). Here is my concern. Daytime temps are still mid 50's maybe even touching 60. With the mouse guard on and the small reducer, it only really gives a 3/8" opening for air during the day. Now I know switching it back to the larger opening every morning and then getting home at night and switching it again, would declare me nuts. Is that small opening too stuffy for them during the day or is the larger opening to drafty for night. what does everyone with similar climate do here? I'm sure this isn't a huge issue here and I'm not panicing like I was with other issues, just curious as to what the majority do in this situation.

Default Re: what size entrance reducer.

I run a 4" opening in the winter with a mouse guard. Air can only move freely if the exhaust opening is the same as the intake opening. A smaller upper entrance 3/4" will act as the air flow regulator. Much like a faucett in your sink. Open a little, only a little water is allowed to escape. Open it all the way... get ready for your wife to yell at you for getting everything soaked. lol
    Really had no issues so far.

Thanks for your input on this.

No problem.

In my particular climate I run a 2" x 3/8" entrance year round. Ventilated inner cover in the summer and a standard inner cover with a 3/8" entrance the rest of the year.
    “Everything will be all right in the end... if it's not all right then it's not yet the end”