Smile Florida Queen Bees & Honey

I ordered two VHS queens from Florida Queen Bees & Honey due to one hive being queenless, and another one that might have been. They were shipped promptly and what was very nice was that they were in a battery box with additional attendants and food. I installed the one queen in the queenless hive, found that the second hive did have a queen, and then the rainy cold weather came. I'm installing her in another hive that I off'd the queen today due to poor mite control and no honey this year. I would have been very worried about keeping the queen in the house for this much time, if it were not for the shipping method. Thanks. If they are good performers in the spring, I'll be ordering from them again. Excellent service.

Default Re: Florida Queen Bees & Honey

Any report on how your new queens panned out?
    --shinbone
    (3rd year, 14 hives, Zone 5b, 5400 ft, 15.8" annual rainfall)

Quote Originally Posted by shinbone View Post
    Any report on how your new queens panned out?
    One didn't make it. I blame myself for not giving her enough time to build up the numbers before it got cold around here. The other hive looks fine. It's been a tough winter here, and it hasn't been warm enough yet for a thorough inspection. At this point, I stand by my earlier comments. I wouldn't hesitate to order queens from them again if I get in the situation again where I need one, and it's too cold, or too late in the season around here to get anything more local.
    Dan Boylan, At it since 2007 in Pa Zone 6B, 13 hives, 6 nucs, treat when needed.

I concur, excellent service. Great people to deal with. 4 of 5 worked out great, one was superseded right away, or I injured her installing or marking her. The other 4 were good queens and all made it thru the winter, thou I am in Florida, it did get down to 15 degrees twice this winter... Very docile bees. I think VSH queens helped, but in Florida, with our mite loads, you still have to treat.
    Robbin NW Florida(8A) / 12 hives / 2 nd Year / 4 TF - 8 T

I bought over 1000 queens from Florida Queen Bees & Honey last year.

Shipped well, and accepted well into the swarm outs in which I placed them.

I already ordered some more for this year.

Recently bought 40+ nucs from Florida Queen Bees & Honey. Excellent service, and I'm very happy with the quality of the nucs. Very rapid build up, and they are well tempered. Also ordered 5 queens through the mail and received them promptly. Will definitely continue doing business with Florida Queen Bees & Honey.