Default Cool to see the color and taste the flavors of each season of honey

My step daughter and I were lucky and we got honey from one of our two hives this year. We were amazed at the color contrast and the flavor difference in the honey from each season! They had three supers on top of two deeps. The hive still has a full super on top and a half of a super filled on top of the two deeps for their brood chamber. It has been a great experience for our first year. Hoss

Default Re: Cool to see the color and taste the flavors of each season of honey

So how would you describe the taste of each?

Wow Hoss...Your bees kicked some serious butt! Nice! I never seem to get light honey, or dark like that. Mine always seems to fall in the middle. I, too, am curious about the taste contrasts.

The spring, Lighter one was very floral like when you suck on a honey suckle. The summer honey was not as floral and more what i expect honey to taste like. This fall honey is almost like Maple syrup! Hoss

those look like what we get here, lighter in spring and getting darker through the season.

sounds like you've got some exceptionally good bees there hoss, and that you have them in a great location.
    journaling the growth of a treatment free apiary started in 2010. 20+/- hives

I feel lucky to say the least. I have the bees on some land with two huge gardens around some woods. They have done really well and way over my expectations! Truely we have enjoyed beekeeping.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoss's BBQ Honey View Post
    The spring, Lighter one was very floral like when you suck on a honey suckle. The summer honey was not as floral and more what i expect honey to taste like. This fall honey is almost like Maple syrup! Hoss
    That was about what I was thinking of the color ranges. Bee proud of your girls!

Wow, what a difference in color from different seasons. Great job!
    What color corresponds to what season?
    Gosh, I do miss fresh maple syrup though...
    Live in harmony with nature, not against it.
    www.edenranch.org

Far right is the spring. Middle is summer and the far left is fall. I was excited to see and taste the differences in the honey. These are all from the same hive by the way. Hoss