My apologies if this is a duplicate post. I tried to submit this yesterday, but never got any replies and can't find it now.

I'm contemplating a plan for NEXT winter. I would like to winter some hives in the south (Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi) - up to 25 hives next winter, and possibly 100 the next. The idea would be to locate them there so that they get an earlier start with building up than they would at my home in Indiana. Then in early spring relocate them back to my home to make nucs earlier than would otherwise be possible.

Ideally, I would like to have an arrangement with some type of crop producer there that would let me keep my hives on their land in return for the pollination benefit they would recieve in the early spring, say before the end of April. The problem is, I don't have any contacts in those areas, and I don't have any idea what crops would benefit from my bees by the end of April.

Can anyone help me get this conversation started, or at least suggest what type of crop would fit into this scheme?