Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Clinton Global Initiative: Monsanto Commitment, $4 million.

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  marshmasterpat 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Oh kay. I can see this thread going off the tracks. I for one don't see this as the right direction. I will be at a march against Monsanto Sat. the 12. As ZZ Top said it's nation wide. It will not be televised. Catch it on face book or twitter or google it. Monsanto is developing a GM bee that will be patented.(SP) What could possibly go wrong??

#6 ·
Hmmmm, first thing on their agenda is to research bee nutrition. Coming from a chemical company.

And third on the list is "3) understanding science-based approaches to studying pesticide impacts on honey bees and increasing awareness of pesticide best management practices among growers and beekeepers;"

Understanding the science based approaches - really. I would think they could assemble a group of first year graduate students in zoology or just basic biology, or even just sadistic/statistics to give them a general idea of the way to look at these. If they really want to generate understanding of impacts of pesticides impacts on honey bees, pass the money to universities with good entomology programs and make sure there are no ties between the money and results.

AND IMO increasing the awareness of pesticide best management practices among growers and beekeepers is not going to happen. Too many folks just don't give a rat's rear about the impacts as long as it kills what they want dead. It is like roundup that Monsanto makes - a little dab will work best and double the concentration and it might work ok, but triple the concentration and you top kill the plant, but the roots push up a new plant soon.

People just don't care IMO

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.