Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Lady drops bottle of honey and wants me to replace it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1958 View Post
    Most likely the best you are doing is getting referrals that are similar to her. Like refers like. 20% of my customers take 50% of my time.
    I have to agree. There is a line between being nice/providing customer service and enabling people. The situation in the OP is way beyond that line.

I had a guy at a farm market drop a glass jar on the way back to the car. He came back and told me what happened sounding like he expected me to replace his accident. Even though I didn't have to, I went ahead and gave him a new jar; that seemed like the good customer service thing to do. It's not about producing widgets, it's about customer service. Just give 'em the pickle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISJ1V8vBiiI

I do know that the one time I dropped a case of wine (walking out the store with it), the retailer insisted on replacing it. I tried to pay and they would not take the money. The closest of their outlets to our new location is now several hours by car. I assure you if we are ever in the area where they have a shop we stop. For a case of cheap wine they won a costumer for life.
    Dan Hayden 4 Years. 12 hives. Tx Free. USDA Zone 5b.