Default How much honey on orange blossom?

What sort of quantity of honey do you get when on orange blossom pollination?
    I have been asked to take my hives, but the distance is probably too far for me and too much mucking around. Just trying to gauge what return in honey per week for strong hives.

Default Re: How much honey on orange blossom?

I don't know how much honey you get from orange blossom pollination. However, I used to live in central Florida, which has a lots and lot of orange groves. Go into any farm stand there, and you'll also find lots of orange blossom honey for sale, too.

Last year was our first year in the groves. They did pretty good, built up pretty but, they never made much honey. The weather was terrible last year, too cold, then it would warm only to cool off again. The trees never had a chance to get a really good run, Most of the beeks I talked to said it was a really off year, During a normal year I think you can get 2-3supers some years you may do a little better

Keep us upto date on the proqress We are just starting fall so picks from the Orange grove would be nice.

You can easily make a 65 lb average on orange blossom.
    Clear Lake Wi. / Sebring Fl.

We made a great crop last year in our area it was an early and very long flow that didn't add up fast. I averaged about 60# to 70# from the few I had making honey and nucs mated and filled out singles. Here in the US Orange is going for over $2.00 per # so making traveling worth it, and the fact that the main flow usually hit when everything is in Almonds. So I have little trouble finding orange locations.
    If your grower is offering money for pollination quote a price to make it worth your time here orange growers are not willing to pay since so many winter in FL and yards can get hard to find when it is not worth the effort to send bees to Almond.