Default Wax Moth Storage in "mid-temps" help....

I am in the process of storing my supers for winter (I am a second year beekeeper and this was my first year getting honey). Wax moths are present, not an infestation, but present from time to time. I realize the WM will devastate stored equipment with drawn comb. Right now it is my plan to freeze the supers first for 48+ hours then move them to their winter location. I will be putting them in an empty mobile home that I use for storage but I keep the interior of that area around 45-55 degrees because I winter over tender plants in there as well. How does the wax moth fare in these medium temperatures? Thanks for any advice anyone may have concerning storing my equipment!!! Just a note, I do not plan to use paramoth or BT at the moment. Thanks ahead

Default Re: Wax Moth Storage in "mid-temps" help....

You should look up threads on BT powder, I use it with good success, it kills the larvae after ingesting it, does not kill the moth.

I use BT as well. Better to be safe than sorry!
    "My wife always wanted girls. Just not thousands and thousands of them......"

I use bt. If you want to do it more naturally leaving the supers open out of the rain will do the trick. Light & air circulation keeps the moths out.
    Some people set the supers on their sides, not touching each other.
    Dan

Good point. It's the dark that they like. I've had a super of frames laying on the upper floor of the barn and open to the light from an adjacent window. The moths did more damage the further in and the further away you got from the light. The worst damage was on the floor of the barn itself where they damaged the old wood that the super was resting on.
    "My wife always wanted girls. Just not thousands and thousands of them......"