Since I started beekeeping 4 years ago I have always had a major robbing problem in the fall and I use hive top feeders primarily. Before this fall I had read where Mike uses paint cans based on weight so and so on so I decided I would try it for fall feeding. Given the amount of beekeepers within less than 1 mile of me and the population of bees they have robbing is not to be unexpected and yes my own hives steal from each other. Currently the paint cans are working great no real robbing and I think maybe it reduces the "sugar odor" for the scouts from other hives but whatever it is working so a Big Thanks to Mike and not to say it's his idea but just from the source I got it from.