Default How to clean Plasticell

I am cleaning up several boxes of plasticell and want to know if anyone has found a good way to get the brown cell casings from brood cells out of the bottom of the plastic cells. I plan on re-coating these with another layer of wax and want them to look all "pretty"! I know the brown bottoms probably won't hurt once they are covered with an new layer of wax, but they still look dirty and, since I don't make my living selling honey, I am a little pickier about how most things look even if I don't see them that often.

Thanks.

Fuzzybeekeeper

Default Re: How to clean Plasticell

Try a HOT high quality pressure washer. The cheap one my buddy threw out worked but not well.
    The other option is to BRIEFLY immerse the loose sheets in hot water, and slap them down on a table top. Be carefull, the plastic softens at less than boiling temperature.

Crazy Roland

Default Re: How to clean Plasticell

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzybeekeeper View Post
    I am cleaning up several boxes of plasticell and want to know if anyone has found a good way to get the brown cell casings from brood cells out of the bottom of the plastic cells. I plan on re-coating these with another layer of wax and want them to look all "pretty"! I know the brown bottoms probably won't hurt once they are covered with an new layer of wax, but they still look dirty and, since I don't make my living selling honey, I am a little pickier about how most things look even if I don't see them that often.

Thanks.

Fuzzybeekeeper
    Buy new ones.
    Say hello to the bad guy!
    year five==== 32 hives==== T{OAV}