Default Not sure if Iam in trouble or not

I am in Reno, now is 40s-50s at night and 80-90 during the day. This is my first hive - a cut out a friend gave me about 2 months ago - I have it in 2 deeps now and feeding it 1 to 1 sugar to get it some stores for winter. Last week i spotted a capped queen cell. Today i found 8 more cells all hatched or at least opened. Am I in big trouble here or is there a chance my new queen will find some drones to mate with. Also there is almost no brood in the hive at this point. Thank you.

Default Re: Not sure if Iam in trouble or not

They swarmed or the queen was superceded. If you have 80-90 degree days, you should get a mated queen in about a month or less. PS, don't go in the hive too much, if you do, it can have disastrous affects. (Speaking from personal knowledge here...)
    Last edited by beestudent; 10-09-2015 at 09:44 PM. Reason: Re thought it

to build winter stores use 2 sugar to 1 water , in the spring use 1 to 1 ,, that will have the hive build brood in the spring

ok i am not expierenced enough to argue against a swarm but it really seems like i still have all my bees.

I will start the 2 to 1 on the next feeding -- thanks

With 8 cells it seems somewhat unlikely it was a supercedure. If it was a big strong colony even after they swarm it can still look like there's a lot of bees in the hive.

I shook this out of a colony ready to swarm in July, I'd say something like 8 pounds of bees I took:

Just a few days later (second from left):

How a hive swarms, is the queen is putting eggs out at full blast, runs out of space, slows laying. What happens? Alot of capped brood happens! So, if you figure (guessing here) i think i remember it being said there are 7000 cells (might be 3500, but i dont remember..) to a frame. So after, what? 30k-ish bees leave, if you had 5 (or 10) frames of capped brood, you now have that may bees back after they swarm. So it seems like they never left.