Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default one ounce octagonal glass jars with metal lids

I am not certain if this is the correct forum category...but I would like to know if any are purchasing one ounce octagonal glass jars with metal lids for their honey sales. This is the size of jar honey is supplied to hotels for use in teas etc. and it seems they are also purchased as wedding/shower/event favours.

I ask as when at a symposium today in Vancouver BC the honey served with beverages at the breaks was in these tiny jars. I was surprised that it was from France!...a company called Bonne Maman. Each jar contained 23 ml of honey.

When I checked the product on line there was a wide range of price for the same product...yet all per KG of honey were very high. I presume most of the cost is for the jars and packaging.

There were several sites selling 1.5 ounce octagonal jars but I saw none that were like the tiny Bonne Maman jars.

I wondered where folks get them?
    Janne....first hives April 2013, 19 hives, treat, plant zone 8b, at sea level, latitude 49.13, longitude 123.06

Default Re: one ounce octagonal glass jars with metal lids

I was looking for 1oz hex jars a few years back but could not source them. Even the China importers didn't have them. I ended up going with the 1.5 oz, which is ~45ml, compared to the 1oz/25ml jars.

Post back if you find some at a reasonable price.

Quote Originally Posted by WBVC View Post
    I presume most of the cost is for the jars and packaging.
    Fill up a couple of cases of those jars and you will find that labor costs figure in there too. Though I imagine Bonne Maman does that mechanically.
    Mark Berninghausen
    Squeak Creek Apiaries

Quote Originally Posted by sqkcrk View Post
    Fill up a couple of cases of those jars and you will find that labor costs figure in there too.
    I agree with Mark here I filled 100 2oz Bears for our 50th weding celebration and it is a PIB, but later found out fill a 3# squez bottle and fill with that still a PIB but not as bad.
    Ed, KA9CTT profanity is IGNORANCE made audible
    you can`t fix stupid not even with duct tape

I found a used condiment dispenser at a local commercial kitchen supplier. It holds about a gallon and can quickly fill the small jars without the mess. Cleanup is rather easy as the whole pump mechanism comes apart.

That's a good idea. Is that one of those gadgets like I see at MacDonalds for dispensing Ketchup?
    Mark Berninghausen
    Squeak Creek Apiaries

Do you think bonne Maman has those jars made for them?
    The tiny size is right for a mug of sweetened tea.
    Also the honey in them is crystal clear liquid...would they have had to heat it to get it to stay like that?
    Janne....first hives April 2013, 19 hives, treat, plant zone 8b, at sea level, latitude 49.13, longitude 123.06

Quote Originally Posted by sqkcrk View Post
    That's a good idea. Is that one of those gadgets like I see at MacDonalds for dispensing Ketchup?
    Same thing, but different

They could own the mold. I ran across a skep shaped squeeze container of honey years ago, back before the Invert Container from Gamber Honey Containers and other places. When I went on line to try to find the containers, I found that the company which Packaged that honey also owned the container.

I knew that if I could get ahold of those containers that I could sell a bunch of honey in them. I showed that container to Jack, the owner of Mann Lake, and asked him about getting them. A cpl years later Gamber and Mann Lake now carry them.

I subscribed to Package World Magazine for a few years, back when it was free. It was fun seeing all the different kinds of bottles and other containers out there.
    Mark Berninghausen
    Squeak Creek Apiaries

I don't know if these would be a big seller for Mann Lake..but it would be nice if they had them.

We have used the 1.0 and 1.5 oz. hex jars for quite awhile and I like them better than the octagonal jars for the simple reason that the label looks much nicer on a hex jar that size.
    "Tradition becomes our security, and when the mind is secure it is in decay".....Krishnamurti

Where are you finding 1oz hex jars?

I purchased small hex jars with lids from specialitybottle.com
    Peter W., Belgrade, MT, Elv. 4420 Zone 4a
    Sheepshank Honey, 4 yrs & 35 hives

We used the 1 oz. jars with a custom label for a few high end bakeries. Now we use the 1.5 oz. hex. We also use a dispenser to fill them and it goes quickly with warmed honey. I have some Maxant bottlers, but we don't use them to fill the real small containers. You might also try TriCor Braun. I buy almost all my jars from them.

http://www.amazon.com/Clear-Glass-Co...+Oz+Glass+Jars
    "Tradition becomes our security, and when the mind is secure it is in decay".....Krishnamurti

Still no 1oz listed

Ooops...never mind.

Ok WBVC here is a link for the 1 oz. hex jars. I new I had it saved somewhere. Let us know how your order goes.

http://iboyapackaging.en.made-in-chi...lass-Jars.html

Quote Originally Posted by Riskybizz View Post
    Ok WBVC here is a link for the 1 oz. hex jars. I new I had it saved somewhere. Let us know how your order goes.

http://iboyapackaging.en.made-in-chi...lass-Jars.html
    Sweet...thank you so much. Now I have to convince local boutique tea shops to use local honey..notc honey from France

I also expect I will have t o heat that honey as it should remain liquid and clear for that market.

Did you notice that the minimum order quantity for the jars at the link in post #17 is 30,000 jars?
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

I sent an inquiry ...is a place in China...no price etc listed..will see if I get a response.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast