Thread: tyvek

Default tyvek

Will Tyvek suits stop most stings?

Trying to keep a suit looking half way decent and looking for something that might be more expendable possibly (or cheaper to replace), especially when doing cut outs.

Default Re: tyvek

Graham
    --- HVAC design via ESP ... Who'd a thunk it ...

In my experience, yes, they will stop MOST stings. They will also tear quite easily and also get you wet with sweat quickly. I performed a cut out in May wearing one and it allowed me to continue with some really nasty bees, as in hundreds stinging constantly. BUT, I HAD to jump into the truck's a/c every 15-20 minutes to cool off or I would have passed out. I was soaking wet in just a few minutes. If I ever decide to do that again, I will purchase an appropriate suit. I would use one in a pinch and cooler weather if I had no other choice, but they are the wrong choice down here in the heat.

Before I bought a real bee jacket, i used a tyvek painters coveralls from Home Depot or Lowes. -js

I started out using Tyvek and soon learned what flop sweat really is, I quickly ordered a bee suit.
    Bill...in Southeast Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by WWW View Post
    I started out using Tyvek and soon learned what flop sweat really is, I quickly ordered a bee suit.
    x2

Tyvek suits are misery.
    Try it. What could happen?

Yea, know they are hot. Used to spray a lot of herbicides in a past life and was policy to wear them. On the Texas coast in June and July wearing Tyvek was not fun. But looking for something cheap that would stop stings. One more removal under a house or cutting up a tree for a hive inside when the ground is damp and my bee suit will be the dirty winter camo look.

Thanks