Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: vaporizer

Default vaporizer

Can I get some feedback from people who've bought the vaporizer being sold by snl, please? I'm trying to decide which one one to buy.

Default Re: vaporizer

I have not used this vaporizer. I have used a Heilyser for about 5 years on 50 - 70 colonies, 3 times a week apart, twice a year. I like the clean look of snl's without a glow plug. I like the idea that it can just be dunked in water to clean and cool. The Heilyser can only be dabbed with a wet rag. They state that it takes 3 minutes to subliminate a dose which is 1+ minutes longer that the Heilyser. They also state no glow plug to burn out but mine has never died and if it does it can be replces for cheap. I would imagine that if the heater in snl's dies you would throw the whole unit away. Price in the 2 units is close enough not to be a issue. I think if I was in the market for a unit I would give this one a chance

Danno,

I dunk my Heilyser all the time to cool and clean it after each hive, no problems here!! What I do is carry a small bucket with about 2" of water in it, after the OA treatment is done I take the unit out, dunk it in the bucket, scrape off dead bees/residue with a twig, reload and go onto the next hive. As long as the glow plug doesnt get wet (only the burn pan)its all good!

I am curious though, on a double deep configuration with that particular dose of OA (2 scoops) how long is it taking your unit to burn completely? I have been leaving the unit on for about 1 1/2 minutes to get complete burn off then I let the turned off unit sit in the hive for another 30 seconds before pulling it out.

I am happy with the heilyser unit, but wouldnt be afraid of trying SNL's vaporizer either.
    Coyote Creek Bees

BeeGhost
    I was told not to dunk it and just figured the glow plug was the reason. Dunking would make it so much easier and cleaner. I will start doing that. I have also always sealed them up for 10 minutes after the burn. I do run mine for 2 minutes and its always completely subliminated. 1 1/2 would most likely be enough. I know 1 minutes is not

danno,
    Like BeeGhost I dunk my Heilyser up to the plug and then wipe it out between hives, this doesn't seem to hurt it any. You will find that if you pull it from the hive after a 30 second cool down it is more than enough time for the Oxalic chrystals to settle in the hive.
    Bill...in Southeast Ohio

what is snl

"snl" is a Beesource member ID. You can see his vaporizer listing in the Beesource For Sale forum, here:

http://www.beesource.com/forums/show...Acid-Vaporizer
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

TY

I have dunked mine to the plug but usually just use a wet rag. If anyone buys one of SNL's I would like to know the width and height of the pan. It really does look like it would take more abuse then the Heilyser.

The pan on the Varrocleaner vaporizer is 2" x 1 7/16" x 5/16"

There is some feedback on the vaporizer on Ebay....

If there is not a glow plug. How does it heat up

It uses resistance heating.......

Can you send pics of resistance heating unit? I'm not familiar with it.

Can't send you pics other than the unit itself, but you can see it on Ebay. You can Google "resistance heating" and get the idea (and some pics).

Larry

An electric toaster is an example of an "electric resistance heater". A glow plug is also an example of an electric resistance heater.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glowplug
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

I just now bought one on ebay and am glad to support someone who assists here.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieS View Post
    I just now bought one on ebay and am glad to support someone who assists here.
    Thank-you! Your vaporizer will ship today!

Larry

Much appreciated !!!!!

I build my vaporizer's. Just wondering if resistance heating would be better.

Received my vaporizer yesterday. I ran a test hooked up to my mower battery with a double deep load of OA and am impressed! I had used a copper crack pipe type last week, and there is no comparison. Vaporization started at about 1 minute, and was done just after 2 minutes. Huge amount of vapor compared to the pipe. The unit is slim and looks well built.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast