Default First swarm of the year!!!

A friend of mine and myself have been doing beekeeping together for over 2 years. We have grown to get all the 911 calls for 5 counties here near San Antonio. Today we got a call and got our first swarm call. They were about the size of a football and seem to be happy inside there new box. Put a gallon feeder inside and reducer in front!

Default Re: First swarm of the year!!!

You're already into swarms and I'm trying to decide if it makes sense for me to load up some hives and bring them down to Tennesee for a couple days just to get a cleansing flight. Congrats on the swarm catch. I'll need a few of them to make up for deadouts.

Quote Originally Posted by KPeacock View Post
    You're already into swarms and I'm trying to decide if it makes sense for me to load up some hives and bring them down to Tennesee for a couple days just to get a cleansing flight. Congrats on the swarm catch. I'll need a few of them to make up for deadouts.
    Thanks, I hope for a busy year. We are blessed with some warm weather. It was about 80 today. It replaces one that I lost this winter. Hope the best for your bees!!! I was real worried this year because it was colder than I have seen it in years.

How exciting! Congrats on your catch!

Congrats on the catch! Do either one of you own a device that can take a pic or video? lol Us "northern" guys still have about 2' of snow on the ground 17 degrees outside and are jonesing for swarms. Come on man... throw us a bone here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Beeman View Post
    Congrats on the catch! Do either one of you own a device that can take a pic or video? lol Us "northern" guys still have about 2' of snow on the ground 17 degrees outside and are jonesing for swarms. Come on man... throw us a bone here.
    Beeman, I will post some pics soon just for the northern folks lol

Sweet! That is one of the earliest swarms I've heard of. Mine are coming out of winter slowly. Just now really seeing some good dandelion and elm pollen coming in. I'm going to put out some swarm traps in a couple weeks.
    Chuck Norris once roundhouse kicked Hulk in the face. Now he hides in the forest and changed his name to Shrek