Default Move cutout comb closer to queen?

So I found the queen today from a cutout I did Saturday. The queen and most of the bees have taken up home on the far frames, while the cutout comb in more in the middle of the 10 frame box.

Should I move the cutout comb to where the queen and other bees are?

Default Re: Move cutout comb closer to queen?

Where is the brood comb? Seems like that is where the queen and bees will want to be. You could move the far frames with the bees closer to the cutout comb.

the brood comb is in the middle of the box.. When I first did the cutout, there was larvae, but they have all sprung. I noticed to day that the brood comb is mostly open, with some pollen also in the comb. Being new, I am not sure why most of the bees decided to go to the edge of the box, and that is where the queen was also today.

It has been my experience that the bees like to start at the side of the box, not in the center. I think it must be that if there are not enough bees to fill the box, starting at the side gives them a wall to start from where they don't have to defend open space. I hear and read to put the starters in the center, I no longer do that, but start them at the side. The only time I start bees in the center is if I need to feed, as I use inverted jars through the migratory cover and my holes are drilled for the jars in the center of the lid, so this requires them to be in center under the feed.
    “When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.” – John Muir