Thread: Honey Labels;

Hybrid View

Default Honey Labels;

Does anyone have their Honey Label's custom printed and by whom. I am thinking about having some Label's printed with "Kansas Wildflower Honey". Who does custom Label printing & what was your experiences with them? Also are they waterproof? Thanks for your input. Dale

Default Re: Honey Labels;

I'm assuming you're looking to get a fully custom label, meaning you design the whole thing, it doesn't just have your name/address on a stock label.

Custom labels are expensive until you get to about the 1000 mark, even then they're expensive I think. onlinelabels.com has a "honey label" that specifically fits a classic/queenline 1lb jar. If you design it you can make a full sheet design of them, take that pdf and your labels to OfficeDepot's print center and they'll feed your labels through their color laser using your pdf. That's like 25c-40c/sheet and there are 10 labels on each of those sheets.

Getting a full bleed and proper alignment can be tricky though....the devil's in the details.
    License not replace eyes, ears, and brain.
    - Mr. Miyagi

Thanks for the reply libhart, I would settle for a "Wildflower" design with the words "Kansas Honey" or something similur and of course I would like them to be waterproof.

Find your local Print Shop and see if they will work w/ you. They will have a catalog w/ stock sizes and shapes that they will order labels for you from. You may have to find someone to work up any art work or design beyond your wording.

I just picked up 1,000 round labels 2" in size red w/ white lettering and they cost me 25 cents each.
    Mark Berninghausen
    The answers are the end. The questions are the journey. Journey on.

I found minute man press(franchise) print shop. The stickers were around 75 cents each but look great.

I just ordered 500 labels from Brushy Mountain for $40.00 you can get them in printable sheets and print them yourself .You can also down load the label printing template for windows 7 from there site.The problem I am having is finding the right label template for windows 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Thanks for the reply libhart, I would settle for a "Wildflower" design with the words "Kansas Honey" or something similur and of course I would like them to be waterproof.
    Have you looked at getting the artwork done and providing a print shop with the artwork? If you need a designer there are websites you can find some. Places I've used to land design work or where people have found me / my portfolio is:

www.craigslist.com
    www.coroflot.com
    www.behance.net

Quote Originally Posted by Russ View Post
    Does anyone have their Honey Label's custom printed and by whom. I am thinking about having some Label's printed with "Kansas Wildflower Honey". Who does custom Label printing & what was your experiences with them? Also are they waterproof? Thanks for your input. Dale
    I think it is worth the reasonable pay to have someone else do your labels, especially if you do not have all the materials or time. I worked with Laura at Hetrick Honey Bees, great experience! She custom made our labels with my ideas and some of hers, until we had a product we both thought was dynamite. Great to work with, and well worth the money, but dont think they are waterproof. No dipping the jars in hot water!, that is what the sun is for . However, not sure if she is taking on new customers, but you should check them out and see. http://www.hetrickhoneybees.com/

Before spending money on labels make sure the labels meet FDA (and state or local) requirements. Basic requirements are product description, ingredients, name and address of processor, and weight in ounces and grams (U. S. Standard and metric). Below is a link to FDA labeling information.

http://www.fda.gov/Food/GuidanceRegu.../ucm064866.htm

Probably don't want to make your own but here is a few labels https://app.box.com/s/8rfmn4wd2g7lsne19udn . I use the program photoscape to add the words (i.e Kansas Wildflower Honey).