Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: GAHHH!!! I can't believe it! I think it happened to me!

Anyone else wonder how often that magic eraser that Barry uses has to get refilled/replaced?
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

Thats ok, I got it in my email and thought, "nope, I don't think so" and the bad vibe floated out and away....
    Is it a total loss of all our hives because one hive absconded? No... definately doesn't have to be and I hope not. But I'm out of this thread now and advise you keep reading and thinking about your hives as individuals units and check out what you have left. Good luck!

airendel, its the yellowjackets, they overwhelm the hive and the bees leave brood and all behind. i fought them all summer and did well until last week when the weather forced the bees to cluster, and put the yj's into kill mode. i've lost a couple singles (late splits) and in years past i've lost multiple hives to them. the weakest die first, so maybe mites were a factor, but right now the yjs are so aggressive i'd blame it all on them. they are flying in 38 degree rain here, and walking in and out of the hives while the bees are clustered. our locations are pretty similar. justin

I don't know if this is the case but I believe the eggs I see in the pics are laying workers eggs.
    A Bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it rains.- Robert Frost

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12