Default Dried, powdered bee propolis...is it real?

Was talking to some people a while ago, and they mentioned the local heath food store sells dried, powdered bee propolis..
    I told them I didn't think such a thing was possible, as I was of the understanding that the only way to get propolis in a form we can take internally is to put it in alcohol of some type...that would break it down where we can utilize/ absorb it...
    Propolis being so sticky..

I wondered if perhaps they (whoever is selling the stuff) are drying it in some type of high-heat forced air dryer..if *that* would make it to where you could then powder it?

I'm just suspicious..I *know* how sticky propolis is...

Any information on this would be appreciated...Thanks!

BTW...yes, they meant and said *propolis*...They weren't speaking about pollen...
    The container at the store *said* propolis...

Default Re: Dried, powdered bee propolis...is it real?

scroll down and start reading at method 7 http://www.fao.org/docrep/w0076e/w0076e14.htm

OK, so I see in fact there *is* such a thing...(who knew?)

But I can't decipher from the article if the dried, powdered form is as good as (WRT properties and benefits) the alcohol tincture, meaning, the less "processed" version..

Your thoughts?

no clue that was just the first article I cam across when I googled powdered propolis LOL

If you want to powder it, get an electric coffee grinder that you will use solely for that purpose. Freeze the propolis. Grind it quickly and pour it into capsules before it warms up.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF