Default Hello all from north central PA

Hello from north central PA. I have some experience with honey bees as I helped my grandfather with his 100+ colonies in my youth. However, that was over 20 years ago so I have a lot to try and remember and even more to learn. I'm in the process of ordering enough supplies to start off with 10 colonies in the spring, which I plan on starting with semi-locally purchased nucs that are acclimated to my location. I'm looking forward to joining in conversations here and learning as much as I can.

Default Re: Hello all from north central PA

Welcome!
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com

Welcome to Beesource!

> I'm looking forward to joining in conversations here and learning ...

I suggest that you send a PM to moderator Barry and ask him to update your profile with more specific location information. Your location is displayed as part of every post you make, questions/conversations will flow more smoothly when your location is apparent in each post. Much of beekeeping is closely linked to geographic area.
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

Welcome uplander!
    Good call Graham, Being a Pennsylvanian myself I was just about to say North central Pa is a big place what part. What is good management for Alabama may not be for Pa. Besides If I am doing a cut out, and do not really need or want the bees I may offer them to someone I know is reasonably close to me or the cutout.

Quote Originally Posted by Rader Sidetrack View Post
    Welcome to Beesource!

> I'm looking forward to joining in conversations here and learning ...

I suggest that you send a PM to moderator Barry and ask him to update your profile with more specific location information. Your location is displayed as part of every post you make, questions/conversations will flow more smoothly when your location is apparent in each post. Much of beekeeping is closely linked to geographic area.
    Will do, thanks!