Default Please identify this plant? Bee-friendly?

Thick stands every year on my back hillside. 1 - 2 ft. tall, square hairy stem, opposite broad toothed leaves with tiny hairs on top surface. Tiny pink flowers, I've seen bumblebees working them already and they are just beginning to open. Closest I can come from weed id website is blue vervain, but these leaves seem much broader. Plant has a bit of a bronze cast to it. Bee friendly?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Please identify this plant? Bee-friendly?

It is a mint, but I cannot tell witch one.

Thanks, Dave, that narrows it down to about 500 species--can we narrow it down a bit more?

Looks like one of the "nettles" to me. What happens if you gently rub a leaf on the back of your hand?
    48 years - 50 hives - TF
    Joseph Clemens -- Website Under Constructioni

Looks like a square stem, characteristic of mints, but I cannot see it clearly. The leaf arrangement looks like a false nettle, but the specimen in the photo looks like it has purple flowers .... not greenish/white like false nettle. It would be extremely helpful if a more detailed photograph of the flowers were provided.
    People don't like it when you make them think. People like it when you make them think they are thinking

Joseph - not stinging nettle - nothing happened. Flower color is between pink and purple--lavender? Here are a couple more pics but flowers are tiny (1/8") and only a few blooming on each spike. Smell is strong but not minty--maybe a bit of anise? Growing at bottom of north facing hill, shady, probably moister, so mint family sounds right. I've been weedeating them down for a couple of years, but if they are a perennial mint with extensive root system, tells me why I haven't made a dent in the population. But if they are bee friendly, I'll stop trying to kill them!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Appears to be a mint genus Agastache Likely Agastache urticifolia (the nettle leaf Hyssop), Pix are very poor for identification.
    Compare http://www.grainesvoltz-seeds.com/ag...7.280-art.aspx

If the flowers are flagged to one side could be the Asian weed Elsholtzia ciliata which is reported from the east.

Perilla Mint

That's it, MDJ!!! Thank you! JW it does look like my Agastache, but that one grows in the Western US and I'm in Tennessee. Interesting that it is used in Japanese, Lao, Vietnamese,and Korean cuisines as lots of my neighbors are Lao--I'm betting it escaped from someone's garden and naturalized.

I think I'll let it stay since it seems to attract beneficial insects--my bees seem to have better things to forage but I like having a variety of pollinators around. Thanks, everybody for your help!