Default This works PERFECTLY for me so I want to share it!!!

Ok, I have a shb issue.... I wouldn't call it an infestation... Yet.... So I have been trying all the different traps out there and also just killing them as I see them.... I have do catch a few in the traps I use but I actually kill more myself than the traps catch... Now this is where my post gets a little weird.. Lol... I'm a "as seen on tv" junkie I love buying the gadets and what not just to see if it really works! Now, with that being said... A few months ago I bought the as seen on tv earwax removal gadget... IT WORKS PERFECTLY TO SUCK UP SHB's!!! It doesn't have a lot of suction (hardly any, really) but it is enough to get them trapped inside and then I just kill them... Also, the tip of the thing fits perfectly into a comb cell!!When they run into a cell I just suck it right up!! The tip is also made out of a rubber like material so its flexable and soft.. it does not mess up the comb at all!! I am so happy about this! Lol... It was getting late last night so I didn't have time to go through all the combs but I did get through several and I removed probably around 20 or so beetles... Anyway, I know this will not be the "magic bullet" for someone with many hives or a huge infestation but for someone like myself with just a hive or two and minimal beetles this works like a charm... So I thought I'd post this!

Default Re: This works PERFECTLY for me so I want to share it!!!

So, how are your ears?
    Buy the ticket, take the ride. -H.S. Thompson

Apparently the Wax Vac didn't work so well for these folks:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/directory/wax-vac
    BeeCurious
    Trying to think inside the box...

Well, I bought it to use on my kids actually!! But I never got around to using it for the purpose it was made for! I can see why people would not be happy with it because it hardly has any suction... But it does have just enough to suck up shb's!!

My grandma told me never to put anything bigger than my elbow in my ear. She did not say anything about beetle ears. Conundrum.

Glad you found a solution to your SHB problem, but if I had 20 beetles in several combs I would say that is a serious SHB problem!!!! I use at least one Beetle Blaster in each hive and may find one or two beetles hidden in the empty comb. Those I shake onto a hive top and get with my thumb. Most hives with the blasters I find no beetles running around or hidden.

Quote Originally Posted by Beepants View Post
    My grandma told me never to put anything bigger than my elbow in my ear. She did not say anything about beetle ears. Conundrum.
    I haven't for the life of me been able to get my elbow in my ear. Try as I may...

Here's a casual thought: if you can remove beetles w the earwax remover, could you also get the beetles to eat earwax? That is, assuming the device works poorly on ears. You'ld have a backup ear cleaner system.