Default peroxide use to prevent algae

Hello, I am in SW Virginia, I am new to this forum thing. I was reading up on using peroxide in water features to prevent mold and algae from forming and supposedly it will not harm wildlife (if the proportion is correct) or bees. Anyone out there know anything about this?

Default Re: peroxide use to prevent algae

I dont know about most beekeepers but I find that if I put out fresh clean water for the bees, they fly right past it and go to a skanky pond for their water,, it seems to be what they prefer

Quote Originally Posted by southern yankee View Post
    Hello, I am in SW Virginia, I am new to this forum thing. I was reading up on using peroxide in water features to prevent mold and algae from forming and supposedly it will not harm wildlife (if the proportion is correct) or bees. Anyone out there know anything about this?
    Peroxide quickly disociates and breaks down. Vinegar is probably more effective long term solution. IMO not really necessary, they drink from stagnant water in piles of leaves, ground, bird baths, etc.

Heres what i made to keep the girls away from the pool.

Welcome! Bees love swimming pools. So a dose of chlorine will also attract them while keeping the water clean.
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com