Default A honey of a history lesson

Hello All,

I've been lurking around for awhile now, learning much from this forum. Thank you all for your knowledge and experience. Here is a link to an article about the Iowa-Missouri Border War. Read it through (short story) and you'll see the relevance to this forum. Hope you enjoy or at least get a chuckle from it.

iagenweb.org/history/soi/soi32.htm
    Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction! C.M. Russell

Default Re: A honey of a history lesson

Welcome to the forum! I love your quote and I live in Charlie Russell's adult home town. Have his work on my walls. But when you quote a Russell on this forum many are going to think you are quoting a scoundrel and wonder why. So this is an assist. Charles M. Russell is the famous western Painter, not the infamous Mississippi beekeeper.

Somewhat curiously, there is a painter named Robert Russell ....

http://www.robertrussell.net/

Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

VanceG,
    I am only aware of C.M. Russell the painter and not the infamous Miss. beekeeper. Is there another history lesson in the making? At any rate, I thought it was sound advice no matter who said it. Thanks for the reply and welcome!
    Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction! C.M. Russell

Nice. Born and raised in NE Missouri, this means a lot. Haha, I sent it to my brother in Rock Island, IL (on the Iowa border) who recently asked me about getting some bees out of a tree...I sure hope it wasn't over the border!
    After 20 months I'm over a 20 hives and growing. See my videos! http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8fVrmUsyYlRuASdX6UQk1g

Great story! Thanks for posting. I just shake my head every time I read it. Wow.