I am treating my home yard with Hopguard and I just finished a count for the first 24 hours after the strips were put into the colonies. I only did a spot check using an average colony that was made from a nuc this spring. It has built to a deep and a medium with a moderate population with 7 deep frames and 4 medium frames of adult bees. This colony had a natural mite fall count of 54, an average of three 24 hour counts. The brood pattern is spotty and brood is only on three frames.
The actual count of adult varroa dropped in the first 24 hours is 1193. This count makes me wish I had left the sticky board in for anothr day or two and counted the fall, it would have given me a better idea of how many mites were on the adult bees.