Thread: Salmon season

Default Salmon season

See y'all on the RIVER!

Ill be the one with a fishing pole in hand.

Default Re: Salmon season

Have fun! Good luck. My fishing season is this winter on the ice.

Thanks. I dont get much fishing done, but Im going for half a day Sunday. Kings and COHOs are in river and the ocassional Brown.

Well as it turned out another great Salmon season with 1000 of my favorite friends fishing along side of me. My son and I tried a drift boat this year for the first time. That was great. Alot of fun and we had action all day long. Couple more weeks and it will be time to go after the steelies in the river.

This thread would be a lot more believable with pictures!

I haven't caught any salmon or steelhead since moving from northern IL.

Tom

You must deal with alot of Posers in your life... Well believe it or not, that is completely up to you as it doesnt really matter that much to me! I will be eating Salmon all winter long regardless.

Im not much of one for taking pictures though my guide took some this year but I dont have them yet, so here is one of my son with our days catch last season at the cleaning stations:aaron.jpg

BMAC,

Sorry, I chose my words poorly, I did not doubt your catches, just wanted to see if you had any pictures to post.

Tom

No prob. Sometimes you just dont know how to take folks without seeing em face to face. Something these computers steal from us. I still dont have pics from this year yet, as I just got my phone back together from a broken screen. I need to txt the guide as he took some pics. The one I really liked is the 38" male King I caught. It was the first fish landed the day we used the guide on the river. My arms felt like I had just pulled honey all day long after getting him in the boat.

alright. I finally have some salmon pictures from my guide. 37inchmaleking.jpg The first picture is the 37-38 inch male king I caught which was fist catch of day.
    aaron1.jpg The second picture is of my son Aaron who caught a large female king.
    aaronsmallsalmon.jpg The third is the small king my son caught. The large female was the first of the day catch for my boy. You can see the enjoy on the third fish as its much easier for my boy to hold up for the picture.

Just as soon as honey extracting is done I will be back there for steelhead and Browns.

Quote Originally Posted by BMAC View Post
    You must deal with alot of Posers in your life... Well believe it or not, that is completely up to you as it doesnt really matter that much to me! I will be eating Salmon all winter long regardless.

Im not much of one for taking pictures though my guide took some this year but I dont have them yet, so here is one of my son with our days catch last season at the cleaning stations:aaron.jpg
    OMG!!! It`s really impressive!!!

BMAC are you fishing the salmon river , I get up there once in awhile for the steelie's one of the best fighting fish , especially on a flyrod !!!

Yes sir. Bridge from 13 & 11 to Altmar bridge is all fair game for me. I dont have a flyrod, but I generally use my spinning rod with fly techniques. I haven't gotten back for any Steelies yet, but hey season is just started on them. I am sure I will get up there and hammer on some before winter is out!

Your lucky to be so close , I wish I could get up more often and learn the river better . Good luck with the steelies !!!!!!!!!!

thanks. Yes so I can be on the river in 1:45 minutes from getting in my car. Thats considering how long it takes my fat to wiggle into my waders.