Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

your forum is feeling unfriendly

9K views 37 replies 29 participants last post by  PewHeretic 
#1 ·
I participate actively in 6 forums. 2 for guitar, one for ponding & Koi, 2 for bicycles and one for general garden related questions. Have done for years. Never have i been so completely ignored. 210 views of my post and not one welcoming word.

so is it some kind of archaic etiquette or protocol. one must go to the welcome forum and be blessed. is it snobbery where one is recognized as a casual observer and not a heavy duty "beekeeper" or "beekeeper wanna bee" ergo not worthy of response. or is it that nobody knows the answer and isn't respectful enough to finally say, hey it seems nobody knows. good luck with your bumblebee.

whatever it is, just wanted you to know how you are viewed by one newbie. rude. i have been fascinated by bees for years and have been extremely concerned for some time now about the threats to them. cell phones, pesticides, mites/parasites, etc. so i eagerly looked forward to learning a lot and talking with some folks about it. but it's clear to me this is NOT the place for that.

i only write this so maybe you'll be a little more welcoming to the next person who comes along. like a whole lot more welcoming.

please delete me from your database and best of luck with your endeavors. the bees obviously need all the help they can get and i am sure you are dedicated and sincere about them.

See less See more
#36 ·
Op said he/she wanted to learn a lot about bees but obviously couldn't because no one would chat with him/her. Try reading through all the posts first....!! You would have learned a metric butt-ton! Then make comments on what you feel you should comment on. Introduce yourself but don't expect every other member to feel blessed and appreciative that you decided to join. Just expect to give a little of yourself without much in return. I guarantee you that if you saddle up and join some of the conversations going on in here then you'll be addressed and included. Sitting around like a wall flower and feeling hurt because you weren't made a fuss over isn't the way to make friends....or good impressions! This also isn't a bar or FB or Twitter or any other generic chat room. The measure of your sincerity is determined by what it takes to make you leave..... You didn't measure up and that's not anyone's fault but your own.

Sheesh!

I'm a new member here also. My skin must be thicker. The AC forums I'm in are brutal! The saltwater aquarium and pond forums I'm in don't tolerate lurkers who want to talk a lot without any work to back it up. This place is a cake walk! :) Ideas get exchanged and the dumb ones aren't commented on....until I make a REALLY dumb comment!

I should be ignored more. All you heavy posters should respond to me and let me know you're ignoring me... ;) I might leave and then where would you be!?

Ken

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.