Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: your forum is feeling unfriendly

Quote Originally Posted by beemilk View Post
    It seems futile to respond to this person, .........he's probably ignoring us
    Or he posted and went to bed and will awake to plenty of attention.

I am reminded of what my (nearly) 3 year old granddaughter said recently to her dad as he was trying to help her through a crisis. "It's too late dad, I'm already crying"
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

Poor thing, Society owes him sooo much, and must we disappoint?

GROW UP!
    "Some of it's Magic, and Some if it's Tragic!" Jimmy Buffet

Wow This is amazing. how lucky are we at Beesource to have the worlds oldest member of the ME generation visit us. Not to mention take their time to explain exactly how we are supposed to respond to their presents. Guess we should have done some research and praised His/Her for the concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by bee geek View Post
    poor thing, society owes him sooo much, and must we disappoint?

Grow up!

210 views were probably just searchbots looking for clues. They have a forum for pounding Koi's?

If you think Beesource is a challenge, try being friends with Odfrank!
    President, San Francisco Beekeepers Association
    www.habitatforhoneybees.org

Quote Originally Posted by jdmidwest View Post
    210 views were probably just searchbots looking for clues. They have a forum for pounding Koi's?
    's what I do w/ mine. Don't u?
    Mark Berninghausen #youmatter

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Warren View Post
    Speaking of Bumblebees, saw one at the hive last week, carrying away one of my girls, thought what the heck!
    Are you serious!? I have TONS of bumblebees in my yard, and looking very fat and content..

I personally mildly resent all the welcome notices I read and consider them a waste of my time. I have often tried to assist someone who asks a question I think I can paartially answer and while writing I would like others to know that I find it most helpful when others let me know what they are writing about by their ffirst few words rather than just where they are from or something related to their status that has nothing to do with bees. Due to the doctor thinking I have an alergic reaction from bee stings I may not respond so often as for now I am following his advice until I learn more. I am so old the stings really didn't seem to bother me but I didn't consider what a couple hundred or more injections of their poison would do. When my smoker burned its fuel and I had bare skin showing I continued to finish my set goals when it would have been better to back off. Maybe the 103 degree temperature and lack of water was paart of the problem too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricker63 View Post
    I participate actively in 6 forums. 2 for guitar, one for ponding & Koi, 2 for bicycles and one for general garden related questions. Have done for years. Never have i been so completely ignored. 210 views of my post and not one welcoming word.

so is it some kind of archaic etiquette or protocol. one must go to the welcome forum and be blessed. is it snobbery where one is recognized as a casual observer and not a heavy duty "beekeeper" or "beekeeper wanna bee" ergo not worthy of response. or is it that nobody knows the answer and isn't respectful enough to finally say, hey it seems nobody knows. good luck with your bumblebee.

whatever it is, just wanted you to know how you are viewed by one newbie. rude. i have been fascinated by bees for years and have been extremely concerned for some time now about the threats to them. cell phones, pesticides, mites/parasites, etc. so i eagerly looked forward to learning a lot and talking with some folks about it. but it's clear to me this is NOT the place for that.

i only write this so maybe you'll be a little more welcoming to the next person who comes along. like a whole lot more welcoming.

please delete me from your database and best of luck with your endeavors. the bees obviously need all the help they can get and i am sure you are dedicated and sincere about them.

barry, how 'bout this for a site slogan:

'beesourcing - not for the squeamish.' , or

as john belushi would say: "well excuuuuuuuuuse me!"

i started to write a short reply to only to say i didn't have a clue, but didn't.

sorry rick.
    journaling the growth of a treatment free apiary started in 2010. 20+/- hives

I think you mean, Steve Martin.
    48 years - 50 hives - TF
    Joseph Clemens -- Website Under Constructioni

i stand corrected! thanks joseph.
    journaling the growth of a treatment free apiary started in 2010. 20+/- hives

I am a brand newbie and I have had nothing but positive responses to my inquiries. Sorry you feel that way. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie1 View Post
    I am a brand newbie and I have had nothing but positive responses to my inquiries. Sorry you feel that way. Good luck.
    Well, let me fix that for ya.
    Mark Berninghausen #youmatter

Op said he/she wanted to learn a lot about bees but obviously couldn't because no one would chat with him/her. Try reading through all the posts first....!! You would have learned a metric butt-ton! Then make comments on what you feel you should comment on. Introduce yourself but don't expect every other member to feel blessed and appreciative that you decided to join. Just expect to give a little of yourself without much in return. I guarantee you that if you saddle up and join some of the conversations going on in here then you'll be addressed and included. Sitting around like a wall flower and feeling hurt because you weren't made a fuss over isn't the way to make friends....or good impressions! This also isn't a bar or FB or Twitter or any other generic chat room. The measure of your sincerity is determined by what it takes to make you leave..... You didn't measure up and that's not anyone's fault but your own.

Sheesh!

I'm a new member here also. My skin must be thicker. The AC forums I'm in are brutal! The saltwater aquarium and pond forums I'm in don't tolerate lurkers who want to talk a lot without any work to back it up. This place is a cake walk! Ideas get exchanged and the dumb ones aren't commented on....until I make a REALLY dumb comment!

I should be ignored more. All you heavy posters should respond to me and let me know you're ignoring me... I might leave and then where would you be!?

Ken

I haven't even posted yet should I feel ignored? I'm gleaning more information than I can process.
    Thanks

Hey, Willbe! Welcome... oh, wait! (shrugs shoulders, gazes off into nothingness) You're officially ignored. Come back, chat often, chime in on every thread and start some new ones. We'll all join with you and ignore each other while learning lots and having fun.

Ken

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12