Default Queen but no eggs

I have a pretty weak hive that only has one deep. This is a pretty young hive. It was a swarm I trapped mid July. The queen has been doing pretty well and I inspected today. As I was going through the hive I found very little capped brood and I didn't see any eggs. I had just about decided that I had no queen and then boom, there she was. My only thought is that they are starving. They had very little stores and they just haven't grown very much at all. Is that the problem? When there is no food, does she quit laying? I'm in Texas so I know that I should have a least another month before things start slowing.

Default Re: Queen but no eggs

You may be in a dearth (no rain, no nectar flow) in which the queen will shut down production to save the hive. Start feeding (internally, on inner cover) as check again in two weeks.

I agree w/ Beeman, but if you don't see eggs in a little while, you might want to test for other problems in the hive.
    "You have to put down the ducky if you wanna play the Saxophone!" Mr .Hoot

I started feeding. We will see what happens. I'm not sure we are in a dearth or not. They are bringing in LOTS of pollen and the heat is keeping them busy cooling the hive. We will see in a few days.