Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: What is the best beesuit on the market for preventing bee stings?

I have never been stung through the suit I got from Brushy Mountain Bee Farm, and I have had some wild and crazed bees all over it.
    No one famous.

Thanks again for all the great recommendations!

BW: Which particular suit was that you got from BM?
    Started beekeeping in 2013 and having a blast with my 10 small cell hives!!

I ordered the XL Ultra Breeze beesuit from their website on Monday and got it delivery today.Great delivery service if I do say so myself. Of course I had to revisit my kamakaze hive to get those remaining supers I left and not one sting this time!! I love this suit already. For reference, I'm 5'10", weigh 228 lbs and their XL fits great!!

$163 wowsers, the jacket looks nice though

Anyone know a cheaper source?

The only other place I saw you could by an authentic Ultra Breeze suit or jacket was through Sears and their prices were crazy. You can get it through Amazon, but it was at the same price. BUT, IMHO, they are well worth the money if you want a quality suit.

Got my ultrabreeze jacket it is very good quality
    i took my shirt off and just put the jacket on it was about 98 it made working the bees a lot more pleasurable to work when a breeze came you felt that nice cool feeling
    LOVE IT well worth the $.

Here's the web page

WWW.ultrabreezesuits.com

Ok i gotta get one. Christmas present! Jacket or suit? Im leaning towards jacket.

If I could only have one, I'd get the Jacket. I use it far more than the suit. But both is nice. On a REALLY hot day, I can put on a pair of shorts, boots and the suit and nothing else... very cool.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

I second Michael Bush and the many others. I have an Ultrabreeze full suit. This is my second year with 13 hives. I have never been stung through the suit or had a bee figure out how to get inside it. I do have to watch the tip of my chin when bending over at the waist, though. The Colorado sun gets blazing hot in the summertime, and my hives are on top of my black tar paper roof. Talk about solar gain! I wear the suit with just boxers on underneath, and I stay surprisingly cool as long as there is some breeze.

I would buy a second one in a heartbeat if someone stole this one.
    Last edited by shinbone; 09-14-2013 at 06:02 PM.
    --shinbone
    (3rd year, 14 hives, Zone 5b, 5400 ft, 15.8" annual rainfall)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12