Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What is the best beesuit on the market for preventing bee stings?

OK, that's it. No more cheap poly/cotton bee suits for me. I went to pull fall honey from my 4 hives and the first 3 were quite peaceful after getting smoked. However, the 4th one, which is my most rowdiest one, nailed me at least 50 times through the poly/cotton suit I bought because I'm a new beek and it was cheap. Not anymore. It's time to whip out the big bucks on a quality suit.

Any thoughts from personal experience as to what the best beesuits that are on the market today that can handle aggressive hives and, at the same time, are cooler that the cheap ones? I know there are some good ones out there, but I would much rather receive personal recommendations from experienced beekeepers than reading vendor promo ads.
    Ken Barber - Started beekeeping in 2013 and having a blast
    www.barberberryfarm.com

Default Re: What is the best beesuit on the market for preventing bee stings?

I wear jeans and std Walter Kelley cotton upper with zippered vail and their standard gloves. Never been stung thru the suit. However I've had one sting come thru the glove, just the tip, a little poke. I think some people are more prown to attack then others. My buddy seems to real up the bees much more than i do when working a hive.

The suit cotton suit does get hot....i usually wear a polyester shirt underneath and a veneted hat makes a huge difference.

Buy a vented full suit. I use the Mann Lake, but pick the price and brand you like.

Thanks for the input so far, but I need a suit they may not be sting-proof, but one that the vendor at least acknowledges they are attempting to minimize the stings. None of the suits on sale at the major bee supply companies (ML, Rossman, BM, WK, etc state that from what I've found so far.

A local beekeeper friend of mine said to check out the suits at Golden Bee Products in Louisiana. Has anyone had experiece with their suits? They look much more like what I'm looking for. I don't mind paying the price if they work as well as they say they do - http://www.goldenbeeproducts.com/suit.html
    www.barberberryfarm.com

My first suit is from http://www.jawadis.us/ that I got on E-Bay with hood & gloves $50. Works great even on cut-outs, but it is warm.

So I mostly use a 'Man Lake' http://www.mannlakeltd.com/beekeepin...y/page127.html vented jacket that they closed out for $60.

Make sure you ware loose pants with tight cuffs (tape or Velcro straps) if you use a jacket cuz they like to crawl up!!

your Golden suit looks clunky.

Why do we have to answer this ? Once mouth

My wife has NEVER been stung through her suit while I am working the bees ........ she stays in the house. HaHa .... sorry.

Thanks for all your feedback, but I found a good thread that helps out greatly with finding a quality suit - http://www.beesource.com/forums/show...hlight=beesuit
    www.barberberryfarm.com

Ultrabreeze........ultrabreeze........ultrabreeze. ..need i say more.....
    22 hives and holding

Ultra Breeze is hard to beat. http://ultrabreezesuits.com/suit/order_2011.htm
    Dan

I third the Ultra Breeze.

Thanks for mentioning Ultra Breeze! From everything I've been reading they are top of the line as well as made in the USA!
    www.barberberryfarm.com

I don't have the Ultrabreeze suit. But I do have the jacket, and I love it. Never been stung through it.

In all fairness, it's the only jacket I've ever owned so I have nothing to compare it to. I use the jacket together with jeans and velcro straps at my ankles.

Brian
    Hobby Beekeeper - Second Year - Two Hives

Thanks again for all the great feedback! I just went and bought an Ultra Breeze suit and can't wait for it to show up so I can pull the two extra medium supers off the hive I left after getting eaten.
    www.barberberryfarm.com

I agree with the rest on the Ultra Breeze. I have used one for the past two years and have never been stung through the suit. It is well worth the money for the stinging side of things and is much cooler to wear when it is hot out.

When my Ultra Breeze is worn out I will buy another one just like the first one and yes the fact they are made in the good ole USA is great.

I have both the ultra breeze and the clone from mann lake.,, the ultra is better quality but was more expensive. I wear both. my ultra is about 7 years old, my mann lake is 1 . Mann lake did ship much quicker.
    I'm not tense, Just terribly, terribly alert!

You will love your Ultra-breeze. I have a full suit and a jacket. A bad thing happened to my suit, so I ordered another. UPS let me down, so I had to wear the jacket and jeans to do a cut-out 12' in the air. I got stung through my jeans and gloves, but not through my suit.

Golden Bee Products or Ultra-Breeze are the two best. Ultra-Breeze has a jacket, and I love a jacket...
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Love my premium bee suit with hat and veil from Betterbee!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast