Thread: Fructose Pump

Default Fructose Pump

Im looking to get a fructose pumping unit is there any way i can make one myself theres one on dadant for 1,500 I just need it for a little till I earn some money to buy a nice one

Default Re: Fructose Pump

We've always just used pacer pumps with 5.5 horse engines. Can get it at any hardware or fleet store. I can fill twice as many feeders as a dadant pump in any given time period.

babybee, does the pacer pump gives you the ability to stop and go from feeder to feeder?. I am also looking for an alternative to the expensive dadant pumps.

I bought a 3" trash pump from Harbor Freight for 300.00. I had to buy some equipment to make it work with a standard garden hose, but it fills a two gallon feeder in less than 30 seconds. I mean that sucker moves!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaBees View Post
    babybee, does the pacer pump gives you the ability to stop and go from feeder to feeder?. I am also looking for an alternative to the expensive dadant pumps.
    I have a Dadant pump.
    This is how it works when you stop pumping syrup. It has a "T" in the supply line that pumps the syrup back into the syrup tank. I suppose you could put a pressure relief valve in the line. But, valves can get sticky and cause problems later.
    BTW: flush out the pump and fill it with mineral oil for storage. The Dadant pump has a 3/4" pipe rizer for that purpose.
    Good luck
    Last edited by BEES4U; 09-06-2013 at 08:39 AM. Reason: spelling
    Ernie
    My websitehttp://bees4u.com/

We use a diaphram type chemical pump... owrks greeat, they run about 500 bucks and run on 12 volts..... they will even pump room temp honey

Michabees, yes you can go from feeder to feeder. We use a diesel nozzle and 1.5 inch hose. I would doubt it takes 5 seconds to fill a feeder. I will say that you have to run the engine at a slow idle. We also use the pacer pumps for filling our totes on our trucks from our large tanks. For that we use a 2 inch discharge. I should say that we thin our syrup 25 percent. To fill my truck with 1200 gallons it take about 15 mins

I just blew up another gas trash pump an hour ago. Crankshaft bearing went out.This is the second Duromax (cheap china pump) I have gone through.This one almost made it through a tanker load.

This is a pump I build 5.5 Honda 6to1 direct drive to a bronze gear it you build it right it will last. The first I built is over 15 years oldimage.jpgimage.jpg

Honda motor+ bronze gear pump looks bulletproof.
    After my junk China pump crapped out yesterday I rigged up an old Kelley bronze honey pump and was back in business. Should have done that to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by davidsbees View Post
    This is a pump I build 5.5 Honda 6to1 direct drive to a bronze gear it you build it right it will last. The first I built is over 15 years oldimage.jpgimage.jpg
    You direct connect doesnt overspeed your pump head?

I had mine direct connect with a coupler but the pump was litterally screaming so I hooked it up using a 2 to 4 inch pulley. I like your safety cage. I been thinking about putting something similar on mine.

From what I understand its not a direct coupler but a gear reducer.

The Honda GX160-HX2 3/4" Shaft with 6 to 1 Gear Reduction would bring typical 3600 RPM engine speed down to 600 RPM.

http://www.helmuthrepair.com/product...HP-Engine.html
    ultracrepidarian >> noting or pertaining to a person who criticizes, judges, or gives advice outside of his expertise

sotera md 400 well work fine for lower volumes (wouldn't want one for a tanker) 450 on ebay all day long. easy to clean. 12 volt or 110...

I use a 1inch gear pump half throttle is the sweet spot for pumping with two 3/4 75' hoses going. the pressure relief is set to 65 lbs. image.jpgimage.jpg with 6:1 reduction it can do some damage with out a guard.